Monday, June 20, 2011

Love letter to self

"Write yourself a love letter. You know when your heart is expanding and all your endorphins are engaged, and you have chicken skin and your fingers are tingling when you just meet that 'him,' you know that, 'Oh my God!' Can you write yourself a love letter at that same level of excitement about you?

'Inside the love letter, I want you to have the phases:

'What I love most about you...

'What I value about you...

'What I admire you for...

'and Thank you for being...

'I had people send me their love letters and this one woman sent her love letter and it was really wrinkled. And she said at the bottom, "It’s wrinkled because I cried the entire time. I cried tears of joy and tears of healing why I love myself."

'In her paper it was just – I mean literally it was a wet sheet of paper and she mailed it into us. And she said, "I’ve never cried so hard for me, with me, about me."

No comments:

Post a Comment